We have autoCAD drawings, professional sketches a full size prototype in fibreglass and a 3D model (see photo). We have a mold maker and manufacturer on standby, ready to start once we have funding. We are currently based in Cambodia, and this is where the UDDT’s will be manufactured, but are willing to travel outside of Cambodia for field trials. Once we have funding the UDDT will be ready for field trials within 8 weeks. However, preparation for field trials can start almost immediately. Subsequent orders will take less time to manufacture as we will have the molds ready.
Potential investors are most welcome to come and visit us at our factory in Phnom Penh.
Please contact me for more details email@example.com
- Why do we need a non-flush sustainable sanitation system?
- 2 billion people worldwide without a toilet
- 600 million people in India alone open defecate every day
- environmental cost runs in the billions to governments
- human suffering, infant mortality, lost days due to sickness and diarrhea
- sustainable sanitation (a toilet) improves overall health & wealth
- emergency situations in disaster areas
About this UDDT
- Plug & Play – Instant use
- Allows for stooping or sitting
- Enables pregnant ladies, disabled and old people to go in comfort
- Purpose built around human ergonomics
- Hygienic – Elegant – Robust yet Lightweight – Small Footprint – Waterless
- Collects human wastes in a compostable bag inside a faeces tank
- Low / easy maintenance
- It is a consumer item to aspire to – similar to a flush toilet
- Few mechanical parts
- Easy to understand and operate with low maintenance
- Is a system with variable service models to suit different communities
- Eliminates the problem of OD overnight for all users
- Creates two separate and vitally important products – NPK & Humus
- Accommodates hygienic usage
- UDDT comes with a utility sink
- Does not require a pit to be dug or connection to water or drainage facility to operate
- Does not require treatment of faecal sludge or create huge amounts of blackwater
- Is almost odourless without the need for venting
- Affordable for the majority of householders
- Potential profit from by-products (will potentially pay for itself)
- Eminently scalable
VALUES & VISIONS
- We envision bringing dignity, security and improved hygiene into people’s lives.
- We value a sustainable world for future generations
MISSIONS AND GOALS
- To create a cost effective dry toilet that uses appropriate ecological processes and materials that integrate into the lives of the families it serves
- To do this at a price point below $190 US, making it the most cost effective product available that delivers on its promise of dignity, security & hygiene
WHO ARE WE?
- An entrepreneur, an award winning R&D team at www.elephantdesign.com with a powerful idea and a mission to make a difference
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- A cost effective ecosan toilet, designed with appropriate ergonomic human factors, biological processes and recyclable materials.
- A system that incorporates the needs and traditions of local communities who wish to squat, as well the needs of the old, pregnant or infirm who need to sit
- Dignity : Security : Hygiene
WHO ARE THE CUSTOMERS?
- Bottom of the pyramid – 2 billion people worldwide
- NGO’S, END USERS, GOVERNMENTS, DISASTER RELIEF AGENCIES
- Emergency service providers such as WHO WEDC
- For more information please contact us stating your name, NGO, government or corporate body, position held and brief reason for inquiry. Please contact using your official, not private, email.
PLANNING FOR EXCRETA DISPOSAL IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
According to WHO, the pressure to assist people after a disaster often leads to action being taken before a proper plan has been implemented. Click on the link above to read the report from WHO – WEDC on Planning for Excreta Disposal in Emergencies. The mobility, transportability, storeability, hygienic human-waste containment & disposal of the human8ture® makes it the idea tool for an emergency or disaster situation. A pre-determined organized plan could be drawn up at NGO HQ then implemented on site using the human8ture® system and dedicated composter. The same plan and system could apply for all NGOs, leading to a cohesive’, professional, hygienic and effective plan of action for all disaster situations.
KISS: simple solutions to global problems